Fly Fusion Forums

Back Home

126barnes

I've been home for two week and run ragged from work, home renos, and getting another house really for sale. So I decided to get up a 5:00 instead of sleeping in, grabbed the fly rod and visited a little pond that I haven't fished in over 10 years. 10 years ago this pond was full of 10-14 brookies, soon found out that wasn't the case anymore. Not a sign for the first hour, then a trout rose three time about 20 feet from me, switched to a skeeter, but no luck. I keep fishing the area for another 15 20 mins and headed up to the little brook that came into the pond. I sighted (actually scared) 3 fish, 2 feet from the water edge and watched them head into the alder lined bank. rigged up a black bugger and hooked 4, landed two (released) in the next 15 minutes.

Headed home shortly after that, picked up tims for everyone, breakfast is ready and the wife and kids are still in the bunk.

Sorry pics are so small

roundpond001po1.th.jpg

roundpond002ud0.th.jpg

roundpond004xa9.th.jpg

roundpond003zw0.th.jpg

I wonder how the closure of the cod fishery has affected the inland fisheries, like your brookie pond. Folks starved for fish are whacking brookies perhaps. I wonder.

Have a great vacation on the Rock.

Clive