Fly Fusion Forums

Line Twist

headscan

I usually end up switching between my skagit and scandi heads on the same rod. Each time I take a head off and hand wind it I'm introducing twist into the line, which can be a pain the next time I take it out to use it again. Anyone have any tips or tricks to get rid of this or not to put twist into the line in the first place? I usually let the line dangle in the current to take it out, but it can be difficult to deal with when putting the head through the loop on my running line as well.

When switching out the heads, leave the running line threaded through the guides so that you don't have to re-thread the new head. Then throw the new line downstream in some current on the dangle, to take the twists out of the line. Also, wrapping the heads back on too spools will help keep them from twisting up. Your running line should have a large loop at the end to pass the coiled up heads/spool through it, which makes it easy to change the heads.

gregs got it wrapping it around your hands u put thet stists in teh line and if u reel it off in teh loops your are spinning your line aswell.. try too put em on a spool or something and spin the spool towards or away form you not wrapping it around..