Fly Fusion Forums

Just Starting Out

I would recommend Fish Creek Park or downstream on the Lower Bow. The city stretch (Mallard point upstream to the WHD wier) has had a very late return of the Rainbows and we're just starting to see them settle in a few summer runs, but not nearly in the numbers that Fish Creek and the lower Bow have of both Browns and Rainbows. The city trout can be a lot harder to fool some days due to the fishing pressure. They have seen every fly you can think of and often will only become active after dark. The Lower Bow is like a different river and offers better fishing, IMO.

Good Luck!

Edworthy park can be very good and so can Bowness but my fav is just down the cliffs at Silver Springs. Just park at the end of Silver Springs BLVD and Silver Springs gate and hike down to the river. Fish it all the way down stream to where the island is a try some streamers in the faster water on the inside of the island ;) also when you are down there look across to Bowness and there is one good pool just on the other side and that spot is good as well.

Well I decided that fish creek was a bit to far to drive on Sunday morning, only because it was a late night Saturday, so I decided to try Bowness. I started, perhaps to far east, by jumping in at Home Road. Well maybe I will have better luck next time. I will have to try near Silver springs, Edworthy and Shuoldice... they are so close to home :)