Fly Fusion Forums

Why Is The Orvis Ad – “20 Most Popular Selection” On This Site

http://www.orvis.com/store/productchoice.a...9671&bhcp=1

I tried to buy the fly selection online 2 times before March 1st before my computer died (I was without a computer for about 2 ½ months). Somewhere I made an error.

Right now, the Orvis ad states – “Shipped to contiguous 48 states only. Express shipping/gift packaging not available.”

Before Match 1st there were no restrictions. On my first attempt to order, I got cut-off in mid-stream (LOL). On my second attempt, I got to the end but I did not get a confirmation letter or anything else. I also did not get billed.

So, why advertise the product if it cannot be ordered at the present time because I do not live in the “lower 48 states?”

Is the ad not misleading?

Thank you all for any answers. I am just curious. Please note that I am not against Orvis. Almost everything that I own in fly fishing and fly tying is from Orvis.

marchbrownn

Thank you all for your info.

Like I said in my OP, Orvis, in their ad, has the following statement –

“Shipped to contiguous 48 states only. Express shipping/gift packaging not available.”

To me, contiguous excludes Alaska and Hawaii and so I am assuming that we, Canada, are not part of the “lower 48.” This restriction was not in the ad prior to March 1, 2008. If the above Orvis statement is true, perhaps Orvis decided that free shipping outside continental USA is a costly proposition.

However, I will try online again and see what happens. Over the many years, it was nice to order Orvis flies and at such give-away prices.

carp-starter – thank you

I see that this thread has been moved from “Fly Tying Bench” to “General Chat – Fishing Related. I apologize for not posting in the proper area. My major interest is fly tying and so I automatically posted there.