Fly Fusion Forums

National Do Not Call List

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher
Of course the web-site has bugs all over it. Anyone actually get it to work?

They are probably just inundated with calls from Time Life...

Got to think a national call centre would have test run the bugs...but at least we have something to do about all the stupid calls in the evening...

awesome, thank you

My home phone rings so much in the evening that my wife and I haven't used it years

Don't expect too much from this guys. This list is ONLY for the companiesthat have your # because you've done business with them and for some charitable organizations. It's not gonna stop all the "you've won a free cruise" or "we're calling from credit card security". Those are most of my calls...and other than an unlisted # there's no way of stopping them. Those are the ones that need to be stopped the most. It's like phone spam.

Guest Sundancefisher

Man am I ticked off. They exempted newspapers! Those bozos call us every two weeks asking us to take their paper.

That sucks. They should not be exempt. How on earth did that happen!

Don't expect too much from this guys. This list is ONLY for the companiesthat have your # because you've done business with them and for some charitable organizations. It's not gonna stop all the "you've won a free cruise" or "we're calling from credit card security". Those are most of my calls...and other than an unlisted # there's no way of stopping them. Those are the ones that need to be stopped the most. It's like phone spam.

Actually it's the other way around - https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/cofi-fico-eng

The thing is it won't stop the illegal calls like the credit card scams and other cons. If I don't recognize the number calling me or it's blocked, I just don't answer. If it's legitimate they'll leave a message. Probably only a matter of time before this database gets broken into and all the numbers are stolen and sold to the highest bidder.

Man am I ticked off. They exempted newspapers! Those bozos call us every two weeks asking us to take their paper.

That sucks. They should not be exempt. How on earth did that happen!

They still have to put you on their do not call list if you tell them to (lasts 3 years).