Fly Fusion Forums

Copper John Help..

birchy

I'll second the rubber legs. I now tie nearly all my copper johns with rubber legs.

Are you guys using the rubber legs for the tail as well or just the legs? I saw someone had a pattern where they used small black and white legs for both.

And I have used pretty much whatever I have in my waste bin for the legs as long as it is flexible and fine.

u can use em for tails too if u wish.. have tried it a few times same with rubber legs and i personally think it matters more too the tier than the fish but it makes for a nice clean tye thats forsure.... i will also second the 20 copper john slammin fish... bin a unreal month on t bow thats forsure!!!

I'll third the rubber legs. I put them on everything. I favor the yellow/black and red/black color combos. Note: I also create ribbing on my copper Johns by using two differenct wires black/red, black/copper, green/yellow...

Are you guys using the rubber legs for the tail as well or just the legs? I saw someone had a pattern where they used small black and white legs for both.

And I have used pretty much whatever I have in my waste bin for the legs as long as it is flexible and fine.

I don't bother tying in a tail on my copper johns anymore, rubber leg or biots, and have noticed any less hook ups. Most of my copper johns are tied copper and navy with round brown rubber legs.

I'll tie a rubber leg, or stretch floss variation for pretty much any traditional pattern. One of my favourites is the rubber leg prince nymph.