Fly Fusion Forums

Grass Leaders

maxwell

picked up a copy of spey castin II edition by simon gausworth.. AWSOME BOOK! there was a part near the back were he described grass leaders.. thought they were pretty dope.. all you do is take come stiff/heavy mono and make nail knows.. i used 30lb maxima... you make the nail knots every 6 inches or so and leave half inch tags... basically the barbwire like leader grips teh grass and helps you practice your spey/underhand casting while on the lawn... was going too give em a go tomorow and see how it works.. i made a 12footer... heres a few pics

111111111111006.jpg

111111111111007.jpg

i here ya silver doc.. made my prongs extra long and was going to trim em down every 10 minutes or so too see if that helps.. awas going too make one with prongs every 3 inches too and every foot too see the difference.... maybe some 60lb will help with the bigger lines compared too trying with a switch or smaler 6 or 7wt rod? gody loop u loop have loop any loop experience loop with loop these? LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPP <--poke--<