Fly Fusion Forums

Vancouver Island Spring/summer Photo Round-up - Part Ii

Doubletap

Thanks guys - appreciate your kind words!

Might be out there in mid October in the Qualicum Beach area. Any suggestions for fishing around that time. Thanks

Its a little out of my neck of the woods, and as its more populated, I rarely go south when I go fishing, I'm afraid! Stop in at a local tackle store and they will no doubt know whats fishing where. Best of luck, to ya!

I dig the macro of the eye....

Yeah, my girlfriend asked me to get some macro shots for some paintings she was working on - fish "skin" really is pretty - here are a few more.

21932.jpg

IMG_36682.jpg

IMG_34162.jpg

IMG_34172.jpg

I didn't know what she was working on, exactly - then got this for my birthday! Its 14''x18'' oil on canvas and I love it!

cutsze.jpg

It was done from one of the prettiest Cutties I hit this summer.

IMG_3694.jpg

Sweet post and fish but WOW your GF has some talent there That is one awesome painting and I will offer up some bucks for a print

Yeah, she wields a paint brush with skill, there is no doubt!

The Cuttie will be available once it gets digitalized - but first I need to find a frame that will accept the Elk Hair Caddis I caught it on.

In the mean time, perhaps you Bow River anglers might prefer one of her other works?

Browntrout-web.jpg

If you're interested, you might like to have a look through her website for some options - they are all pretty fishing-den friendly - ha ha!

Amu Designs - Prints and customs.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Hey...very nice fish...great photos......Mid October is fisherman's heaven on Vancouver Island...Qualicum Beach is Central to most of the activity...take your pick

C

Thanks for that, Courtney.

My girlfriend wanted me to thank you again for the gratis casting lesson you gave her this afternoon, at the Haig Brown festival. You're a good teacher and it really helped her form.

We're West-bound in the morning to see whats swimming in the Tahsis, the Gold and the Heber tomorrow - and shes looking forward to putting her new-found knowledge to good use.

Huw.