Fly Fusion Forums

Float Times

cgyguy

I have fished the Bow for many years, from Fish Creek down, and from Carseland down with a zodiac and jet pump. Looking to float my Clacka down on Friday am from Glenmore to ????? I need to be back by about 1-2 on Friday and looking for some information on float times say from Glenmore to 22x or from Glenmore to Police. Any body know how much time it takes for either of these two floats? I kinda remember fishing from 22x past Police (about 3 hours straight float?), but not sure what it is from Glenmore to 22x? Any help would be appreciated. As this is a new section to me, I am planning on doing some nymphing but don't expect a whole lot of dry action. Any advice on this would also be much appreicated!

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone has a great weekend,

Cheers

Cgyguy

It's been a while since I floated from Glenmore to 22X but if memmory serves me correctly, it was somewhere around 4 or 5 hours in a pontoon. Do drift boats travel at approx. the same speed? Another 2 1/2 to 3 hours will get you to Policeman's Flats. I wouldn't mind taking the pontoon out for the same float on Friday if you wanted to meet up. We could drop a vehicle off at the far end. Send me a note if you're interested.

Murray