Fly Fusion Forums

An Inconvenient Truth…or Convenient Fiction?

Kinda interesting. Don't know about the rest of ya but I was taught and tried to teach to my kids; Change is inevitable and not something to fear

Climate Change Controversy Dwarfs Environmental Progress

Press Release

According to New Report, There Is Cause to Be Optimistic This Earth Day

San Francisco—A number of significant developments and milestones in environmental progress took place in 2006 but were largely drowned out by the media attention devoted to climate change,

http://www.aconvenientfiction.com/

After I finish reading that, I'll follow it up with same author's other work of complete fiction comparing Reagan and Churchill as both being great leaders....

I kinda expected that, this here dutchman ain't gonna argue with you.. I'll leave that for Schaupmeyer and his Posse :rolleyes:

I kinda expected that, this here dutchman ain't gonna argue with you.. I'll leave that for Schaupmeyer and his Posse :rolleyes:

Hey Taco,

I am not much of a Gore fan, but I think we should err on the side of caution for this one. Besides nobody ever went broke saving money on fuel.

For what it is worth, a lot of the US drop in greenhouse gas emissions have come from closure of manufacturing and heavy industry. Malls and office buildings pollute a lot less than car plants and steel mills. One person's environmental achievements are another's structural change in the economy. BTW - Chrysler is going to start building vehicles in China (for sale in the US) - it will probably earn them eco credits too.

BTW 2 - Lots of those acid-rain affected rivers in the US north east are fish able again. While the fishing in China is not what it used to be.

Regards,

Tim

*hit I know that Tim, just gettin tired of the Gormedia end of the known world slant on things.......on the homefront... my house has now has new low e windows, upgraded high efficiency major appliances, water heaters and furnace, a whole boatload of minifluorescents and my 3 old clunkers have become 2 slightly newer more fuel efficient clunkers.....................meanwhile industry continues to move toward the lowest cost provider... that at least never changes. :)

Take Care