Fly Fusion Forums

Brother's Visit, Part 2

reevesr1

Next day, we headed up to a hike in lake. The hike was around 3 KM, and mostly uphill. We were rewarded with some willing cutties, and some spectacular scenery. We only stayed up there for a couple of hours. Next time, we'll spend the day!

p8230056lr7.jpg

p8230069lc0.jpg

p8230073te6.jpg

p8230078gz0.jpg

p8230081nw9.jpg

p8230089ij0.jpg

p8230092bf3.jpg

We had a blast, but I realized that my brother had not caught a fish over 12" during the trip. So at 10PM last night, we headed to the bow for a quick night fish. As we were starting, my brother said "this might be a bit above my pay grade." I told him casting distance isn't much of a deal, it's all about location. On his first cast, I heard the tell tale splash and said "did you feel him?" "Feel what?" "You didn't hear that fish?" "What fish?"

So he makes another cast, and he sure heard and felt that one, but he was only hooked up for a couple of seconds. This is the outcome of cast 3:

p8240001zz7.jpg

p8240002jo2.jpg

I didn't measure, but it was right in the 20" class and fat. Didn't do anything spectacular, but it gave him an idea of the power of these fish. But after 3 hits in 3 casts, we didn't bring up another fish and was home by midnight. Had him at the airport at 5:15 tired, but already planning the next trip!

Rick,

We were at that lake on Saturday. Spent most of the day there. Great day, lots of people.

Were you in a tube or on the shore? We spoke to some of the fishermen and they seemed to be doing ok. My wife absolutely loved it and we will probably go back soon.

Were you in a tube or on the shore? We spoke to some of the fishermen and they seemed to be doing ok. My wife absolutely loved it and we will probably go back soon.

I was one of the two in the tubes. My brother was in the one that decided to burst near the end of the day. It's worth haulin' a tube up, we had a pretty productive day.