Fly Fusion Forums

Cell Phone Batteries

So my latest battery this year has lasted about 3 weeks. I don't even get 24 hours of standby. This is the third one this year for the new Krazr. The battery in my first Sanyo phone lasted over 7 years. I replaced it because friends were getting better signal outside the city with Motorola phones. Everyone I've talked to seems to have the same problem with short battery life for the Razr/Krazr phones. I'm giving Motorola one more shot but I'm not optimistic. I don't really have much use for a Blackberry type - just a simple phone.

Who's happy with their phone and what make is it?

So my latest battery this year has lasted about 3 weeks. I don't even get 24 hours of standby. This is the third one this year for the new Krazr. The battery in my first Sanyo phone lasted over 7 years. I replaced it because friends were getting better signal outside the city with Motorola phones. Everyone I've talked to seems to have the same problem with short battery life for the Razr/Krazr phones. I'm giving Motorola one more shot but I'm not optimistic. I don't really have much use for a Blackberry type - just a simple phone.

Who's happy with their phone and what make is it?

'Castuserraticus' - I feel your pain buddy. It seems they work great for a while. I have bought some replacement batteries on ebay that have worked better and longer than the original - but that is buyer beware. I like having a simple phone as well, but I actually did get a Blackberry because the battery lasts forever. It can go for a week with normal use before I need a charge. Cell phones are an unfortunate "necessary" evil these days.

Mike.

Last two phones that I have had, I have had zero problems with. My last one was an LG6010, likely can't get it anymore as it is a few years old. Now I have a Samsung slider and I absolutely love it. I haven't had any problems with it (knock on wood) so far as battery, bluetooth, camera, or anything.

Love it. Highly recommend it. Samsung a806 or something like that. Can't remember.

• 3 weeks later...

I took the phone into Telus at Market Mall. The girl suggested doing a master reset on the phone. This clears the memory and takes it back to factory settings. This has fixed the short battery life problem. She saved my contacts and reloaded them afterwards. I ended up with everything being duplicated so it looks like not all the memory clears. Now I get 3-5 days per charge as advertised. It took less than 10 minutes and was free.