Fly Fusion Forums

Lost Rod/reel

perrydraft

Hello, I am sad to say that I had a rod got knocked overboard into the Bow river abyss on Sunday 13th of July. This occurred on the left bank just across from Lammles, which is approx. 3km down from Policemans Flats. The rod wasn't great however the reel was of value...it was a Abu Garcia 6w and Lamson (I think) reel w/ green sink tip line. So if anyone dredgs one up please drop me a line..

Thanks

Hello, I am sad to say that I had a rod go overboard into the Bow river abyss on Sunday 13th of July...sigh..The rod wasn't

great however the reel was of value...it was a Abu Garcia 6w and Lamson (I think) reel w/ green sink tip line. So if anyone dredgs one up

please drop me a line..

Thanks

how did it happen ? snag,fish.where? i might key word (might) be able to help you.....

It was knocked out of the Rod holder on the side of my boat..any assistance would be appreciated..thanks

the reason i asked was if it was snaged on bottom and your brake wasnt set to loose it may just hang ther in the current or close to bottom ,and we could try to snag it . if it just fell out of the boat with no line out ,well it dosent look good ,its eather swerling around at carseland weir or in bassano res. by know .where was it lost?

mike maybe it could have gotten hung up? if i rember right there are lots of bigger rocks on that stretch?

a couple passes with a snorkle and mask may work... might also find where a few big browns are hiding.

I'll try the snorkle some time, cuz there is a big eddie down stream that it might have gone into..I'll let you know what I find whether its Browns or a Rod..more will be revealled!..Thanks allot for the ideas

the reason i asked was if it was snaged on bottom and your brake wasnt set to loose it may just hang ther in the current or close to bottom ,and we could try to snag it . if it just fell out of the boat with no line out ,well it dosent look good ,its eather swerling around at carseland weir or in bassano res. by know .where was it lost?

If you read the first posting you'll see where..

I'll try the snorkle some time, cuz there is a big eddie down stream that it might have gone into..I'll let you know what I find whether its Browns or a Rod..more will be revealled!..Thanks allot for the ideas

i was in that area tonight tryed draging a big streamer on the bottom all i got was weeds ,will keep trying ....

shoot mike (leadhead) a pm and.

i can hang on the side of his boat and do the snorkle.

how far out from the bank were you when you lost it?

Its 1/2 km upstream from that eddie before the bleachers, on the left bank...r u confused yet..thanks