Fly Fusion Forums

The Flygirls First Bullies...(my Oldest Daughter)...

beedhead

Spent the last week fishin Bulls...Got into a few Bows as well...Run Back to Calg on Sat morn to pick up my oldest...She got into a couple nice Bulls (awesome fun!!) :catch::catch::catch: ...Met up with Dekkard a couple times through the week...We had a Blast... :cheers::kicks::whoot: ....Beleive it or not---Dekkard got a Bull and a Bow on the same rig....He caught the Bow first, and while playing it, a Bull grabbed the Dropper!!!....We both kinda thought the Bull was fouled till we got them both in the net, and both flies were in the mouth!!!...LOL...That was awesome!!!... :clapping: ...

Was a Fantastic Trip..... *Edit*...Forgot to mention water is sure coming up!!!...And very few anglers out there...

Cheers...Jeff..

Her 1st Bullie...

418.jpg

414.jpg

2nd Bullie...I had to take over at the end...The fight in that one was a little much for her...LOL...

422.jpg

419.jpg

We called this the double Dekkard...LOL...

084.jpg

083-3.jpg

347.jpg

Dekkard brought out some food one day...And we mixed er all up...Great lunch...

235.jpg

236.jpg

More pics comin...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice fish, but gotta say that i think you should take some fish holding lessons from your daughter..whats with holding the fish like that, all of your bull trout pics this season are like that...why?

019-10.jpg

.....whats with that

Hey there dude....Do they look any diff in a net??...I only take pics of fish that co-op for a pic....I can ensure you that I take the up most care of any fish that I get to hand... (Well they might not like being kissed....LOL)....All fish I take pics of... swim away in a absolute energized healthy matter...Them there Bulls in the lakes didn't get to that size from being weak....

Cheers...Jeff...Had a blast!!!!

Here is a pic from this trip of a among many Bulls I have caught in the past with some serious lip damage from trebs.....

Seems to be very healthy....Iam sure he was at the lip doctor for a while....And sucked Suckers through a straw...LOL...Strong healthy survivors... that show C&R works!!!

And BTW....As soon As I get a fish on while alone....The camerea gets turned on, so there is no scramblin for a shot....

243.jpg

OK I don't *really* care, but where the hell is this place? These posts are ridiculous. Bull trout galore.

Do you ever work?

Yes I do work :chainsaw: .... (not lookin forward cuzz when I go...I go....I hope so for this year)...The place is top secret...There is a paved road to it....LOL...

Due to go back to work in a week...Might have to sneak out there once more till then???...

Cheers All...Jeff..

Edit**....I bet electcro-shocking and tagging them in the Fall while spawning....Brings the Bulls no stress....???.

Nice fish man. Those are some big healthy bulls. You seem to have them figured out judging by your posts this spring. Nice to see your girl catching them too and learning how to handle and release fish at a young age. I have caught bulls in the past but nothing of that size. What weight rod are you using to fish for those hogs? Always look forward to your posts with a nice variety of pics. Keep em coming.

Nice fish man. Those are some big healthy bulls. You seem to have them figured out judging by your posts this spring. Nice to see your girl catching them too and learning how to handle and release fish at a young age. I have caught bulls in the past but nothing of that size. What weight rod are you using to fish for those hogs? Always look forward to your posts with a nice variety of pics. Keep em coming.

I use a 5wt for them guys...And have no trouble at all...Puts the rod to the limit, but love it...I really like 5wt's...use them for alot of everything...I learned this trip to lay into them hard on the long crazy runs they take to get them turned around, cuzz if ya let them run to far you loose a fair bit of them...Had a 7wt built for some Salmon fishing (thanx Al)...Going to try to get out this fall with ggp out west (That will be fun, if I can get off work)...He is there as we speak, and most likely having a blast...

Someone asked in a past thread where I see the Rams...I always see them on the #40 licking any salt that may be on the road...

PAV, I never got the camera fixed....It started working good again....

Cheers...Jeff..

That would be a nice fight on a 5 wt. I use a 5 for everything I fish for also and love it. I rigged up a 3wt this winter for the cutties. Can't wait to try it. Hope to see a few more posts from ya before you head back to work.

That's it next time your going I'm coming even if I have to call in dead. Nice pics by the way, I always look forward to the shots of your trips.

LOL...I was keepin an eye open for ya...Next year dude...Looks like I prob wont make it out again before I head back to work...

It's also gettin to be that time where tings will start to slow down out there....

Hey Lorney...Hope that new 3wt works good for the cutts....I bet it will...Have a blast mang...

Cheers...Jeff.. :cheers: ...