Fly Fusion Forums

Ralphy Bucks In 06. How About Some Stelmach Smackers

In January 2006 Ralph gave us $400 Ralphy Bucks. We all took our cheques and spent them wisely. Well didn't we? What did you spend yours on? The price of a barrell of oil in January 2006 was in the $60 a barrell mark.

800px-Oil_Prices_Medium_Term.jpg

The Prosperity Bonus, also nicknamed Ralph bucks, announced in September 2005, is the name given to a program designed to pay money back to residents of the Canadian province of Alberta as a result of a massive oil-fuelled provincial budget surplus.

Alberta Premier Ralph Klein announced that each person in Alberta would receive $400 sometime in January 2006. This represented $1.4 billion (20%) of the $6.8 billion surplus. The money was not taxed by either the federal or provincial governments.

So here's my question to you all. Now that the price of oil is topping $140 a barrell I estimate the government's surplus should be in the 15 BILLION range. Don't you all think that Ed Stelmack should shell out a bit of this surplus to us? If the oil was less than half of todays price and Ralph gave us $400, I don't think Ed would be out of line giving us each $1000 today.

What do you think folks? Couldn't you use an extra $1000?

Send your thoughts to the Conservatives. http://www.albertapc.ab.ca/admin/guestbookx/guestbook.cfm

It's about time Ed gave something back to us. Oh ya here is his latest FREEBEE. I guess beggers can't be choosey.

July 7, 2008

Ed's Stampede Breakfast

Constituency: Special Events

Premier Ed Stelmach invites you to his 2nd Calgary Stampede Breakfast

Enjoy some pancakes, sausage, eggs, coffee, juice, entertainment, dancing and hospitality

FREE

Rob

I'd settle for this moron to put it into road way systems around Calgary that acutally work. Deerfoot should be 4 lanes both ways MINIMUM not 2 lanes to 3 back to 2 then back to 3 then back to 2 etc. How about sending his city planners to the USA for a road trip on the interstate systems and see how they move.

Get that ring road done even if it means building OVER or UNDER the indians.

I got a nice Orvis Mid Arbor with an extra spool and a bonefish floater with my Ralph Bucks. I just bought another one with four shooting tips for my spey. I see that the cheques are in the mail in Loony Gordie Land. The catch is, you also pay 2 and a half cents more at the pumps starting Canada Day.

Which is another reason (the first being the anti-Albertan East Kootenay rod fees) why I won't be crossing the Kicking Horse Line (stolen from Corb Lund and Tim Hus, of course) this summer.

$1000 would seem to be a small price to pay to fix the health care problems as well. We're paying the government to govern, not get re elected.

When you look at the figures I showed the $1000 that I was talking about would be about 3 billion from the predicted 15 billion. Hopefully they can still get by on a 12 billion. Remember this is surplus dollars were talking about.

Yes finish that damn ring road and get our healthcare system figured out. Stick some in the Heritage Trust Fund. I think if they are doing their job they should still have a few billion extra after all that.

Rob