Fly Fusion Forums

Vision Shooting Heads

toolman

Got a chance to get out on the water for an hour to test cast the first of my set of 6 new Vision Ace shooting heads.

I used the 6/7 @ 23g and 10m in length, on my Loop signature 6120 and it was a perfect match for the rod.

This is one of the nicest casting Scandinavian Shooting Heads I have ever tried. Can't wait to cast them with a variety of floating/sinking polyleaders, flies and also with my other rods. I purchased the Vision Ace heads from Deschutes Anglers, in Maupin, Oregon.

Hey Toolman,

Put that rods and lines away and get on with some work, the Vision lines never really got much press, strange cause they cast really nice, and make for nice easy casting.

Things are moving a pace here in Spey land, lots of new toys coming out ever week, can't keep up with them, but there is the biggest Speycasting show in the world coming up and all the new toys will be there, nothing wrong with the Vision lines though, really nice.

Hope you have fun with them, and hope the bloody snow has all gone. :D

Gordon.

Hey Gordon, I still have not had the chance to cast the Vision Spey Ace long belly line I picked up from you.

BTW, when you get out fishing on the river Spey in the next week or two, I'd like to see a few pics of those Sea run Browns that are starting to come in.

Hey you Two...Work is good for the soul!!

The Vision heads were the catalyst for the Beulah Elixir lines...IMO likely the sweetest fishing lines about. Fly casting is meant to be casual and smooth.

Sea Run Browns...ohhhhh

C

Work, don't speak about it, been workin every day simce i got back, but hey the weather has been awesome as you guys say, not one day of rain for over 6 weeks now, not sure if i'm in Scotland with the weather.

Toolman i will post a couple of pictures of some Sea-trout when i get the chance to get out, next week i hope, this is the time for the long summer nights and Sea-trout fishing, i don't go near the Spey til around 10pm and fish til 4am, only one hour of darkness.

Going to get a package together for next year so you guys can come to Scotland fishing with me, i came to Canada and fished with you guys, now its your turn to come to the Spey.

As for the Vision line, really nice and like i said it never got much press or credit, one hell of a nice line that went un-noticed.

Got the big CLA coming up next month.

http://www.gamefair.co.uk/

Should be a blast as always, and all the newest toys will be there.

Gordon.

May see you there Mr. McLeod...depends how the Pink Salmon run shows up!

Summers(Steelhead) are here now and in some good numbers....nothing big yet...although with the best water conditions in many years I would expect to see some monsters..I have heard of an 18lb Fish landed about 30 miles form here...and the Campbell River is expected to have a "first " good return in may years because of a new program to bring these fish back in fishable numbers...looking very promising!

C

Sounds good Mr C,

I wish i could get over for a week or Two, but work it has to be, and a bit of Sea-trout fishing at night, the show , if you make it is really good fun, and it's a huge show.

Lots of new toys on show and good fun with all the guys from all over the world, if you can make it let me know.

Gordon.