Fly Fusion Forums

Mini Leeches

Stonefly07

Hey everyone

Just tied these. Size 8 so not real small but give thoughts for improvement please.

Thinner body, thicker tail, etc.

I also think a bead head would do a better job for the smaller leeches but thats all I had lying around.

Thanks

Sorry mods meant to post this in fly tying, my bad.

post-343-1212033392.jpg

post-343-1212033472.jpg

Guest bigbadbrent

It's mohair spun into a thread, you tie it in and wrap it forward..then pick it out with a dubbing brush

Mohair thread? Never even seen it. I use mohair dubbing for mine. What is this thread you speak of???

Diggler,

Uni Thread makeas a thread that is basically a really long dubbing loop through it in your bobbin and go to town. Looks awesome easy to use but im still thinking marabou will do better but the thread looks so much more durable.

Mike

Guest tallieho

i'm sure the wire adds weight & durablity to the fly me thinks,nothing wrong with using just thread to dub into a loop,then wind on .

I've had good luck with these on lakes recently. I usually put a red bead or if I want more weight a tungston bead behind the cone. I also use a small amount of marabou for a tail.

I use Mohair plus red/black with a copper or gold bead our front and they are my #1 go-to pattern for any new stillwater. And they work. Everywhere. Yours are identical save for the conehead. You gotter dialed.

• 2 weeks later...