Fly Fusion Forums

Reel

EdB

does this seem like a good price? I know some of you guys work in fly shops and could tell me if that is high or low. That reel should work for my 6wt axiiom right? Does anyone have this reel?

M3SL 3.50 in.5.1 oz.6-7WF7+(175yds.20#)$325.00$155.00Bauer

Guest bigbadbrent

Do the M2SL it's the one that is suited for a 6 weight, you don't need 200 yards of backing, which is what would happen if you got the 3

Looks like you're taking it from the bauer site, so expect at least another 20 bucks from a shop up here..if you order it from the states, expect a minimum of 20 bucks for brokerage and such

Guest bigbadbrent

put 200 yards of 30 lb gel on then, always better to have a lighter setup anyway (if it balances right)

Looks like you're taking it from the bauer site, so expect at least another 20 bucks from a shop up here..if you order it from the states, expect a minimum of 20 bucks for brokerage and such

yeah, your looking at a minimum charge of GST + 5.00 handling fee on anything over $40.00 from US more and sometimes more if its handled by a courier .. so consider that into your price ..

stay away from UPS when buying things from the states..............................on a $300 item your looking at about $50-60 brokage and then the GST. I always ask for things to be shipped USPS........or I buy from someone else.......................lets just say I found out the hard way.

How much backing can you put on the M2 if you use a Double taper 6 line?

It takes 100yds of 20# with a WF6 according to Bauer so maybe around 75yds? Honestly never used a DT line, so I don't have a point of reference. Brent might have spooled one with a DT line for a customer or something along the way so he'd be more likely to know for sure.

stay away from UPS when buying things from the states..............................on a $300 item your looking at about $50-60 brokage and then the GST. I always ask for things to be shipped USPS........or I buy from someone else.......................lets just say I found out the hard way.

Heh, they charged me $30 brokerage on a $27 item once. I'll never deal with them again either.