Fly Fusion Forums

Cypress Hills Campground Reco.

I like Ressor and Spruce. Ressor is loud on Long-weekends and Spruce is more secluded.

Depends on if you are tenting or pulling in a trailer.

But if you're fishing Bullshead, I would just stay at the townsite (Elkwater).

http://tpr.alberta.ca/parks/cypresshills/campgrounds.asp

Harps, we'll be tenting and wanted some amenities.. I guess we could always go to a campsite that has showers, etc.

Thanks for the info.

P

Harps, we'll be tenting and wanted some amenities.. I guess we could always go to a campsite that has showers, etc.

Thanks for the info.

P

Reesor Lake and Spruce Coulee campgrounds are both designated "primitive" campsites. It doesn't mean they are not good places to stay but they are basic; water comes from a standpipe(s),pit outhouses for bathroom facilities, no electricity,no shower facilities and campkitchen's without stoves. The campgrounds have fire pits but wood is not provided-I recommend you get some wood to take with you camping as the amount you get at Elkwater is pitifully small for the amount you have to pay.( You cannot purchase wood at Spruce or Reesor). If you want to be close to facilities you are better off in the Main campground in Elkwater.

Reesor Lake and Spruce Coulee campgrounds are both designated "primitive" campsites. It doesn't mean they are not good places to stay but they are basic; water comes from a standpipe(s),pit outhouses for bathroom facilities, no electricity,no shower facilities and campkitchen's without stoves. The campgrounds have fire pits but wood is not provided-I recommend you get some wood to take with you camping as the amount you get at Elkwater is pitifully small for the amount you have to pay.( You cannot purchase wood at Spruce or Reesor). If you want to be close to facilities you are better off in the Main campground in Elkwater.

Kipper,

Thanks for your reply... So is that your reco, as well (even though primitive)?! Esthetics out way comfort in my book... As I mentioned we could always travel to one of the full service campgrounds to shower, etc. to or from exploring and/or fishing -(we always do that at Waterton, so not that big of a deal). I have lot's of firewood I can bring, so that's not an issue.

P

The main campground in Elkwater has showers along with Beaver Creek just across the road. I don't recommend Beaver Creek. It's an RV parking lot. Besides, I think it reservation only. The main in Elkwater may be tough to get into being a long week-end. There are others near by. Firerock on the west end and Ferguson and Lodgepole up the hill. All a short distance from the showers.

Do as Kippersnack said and bring wood if you can. The amount they give you for $6.00 isn't enough to boil a pot of water. Keep in mind also that there is a total ban on alcohol in the park this week-end.

The main campground in Elkwater has showers along with Beaver Creek just across the road. I don't recommend Beaver Creek. It's an RV parking lot. Besides, I think it reservation only. The main in Elkwater may be tough to get into being a long week-end. There are others near by. Firerock on the west end and Ferguson and Lodgepole up the hill. All a short distance from the showers.

Do as Kippersnack said and bring wood if you can. The amount they give you for $6.00 isn't enough to boil a pot of water. Keep in mind also that there is a total ban on alcohol in the park this week-end.

Thanks Randy,

Of the ones you listed, and as far as esthetics go, which is the best, in order of (if possible) 1st choice, 2nd, 3rd, etc.

P

Thanks Randy,

Of the ones you listed, and as far as esthetics go, which is the best, in order of (if possible) 1st choice, 2nd, 3rd, etc.

P

I like Reesor the best but it will be noisy this week-end. In the townsite, I like Firerock. Then maybe Ferguson. The problem with the main campsite is that they pack you in pretty tight. Firerock has a little more privacy.

I like Reesor the best but it will be noisy this week-end. In the townsite, I like Firerock. Then maybe Ferguson. The problem with the main campsite is that they pack you in pretty tight. Firerock has a little more privacy.

for me, aesthetics is Spruce Coulee, and then Reesor. Spruce is gorgeous, and right on the lake...give it a shot for brookies, and let us know if you catch any...cause I sure can't.