Fly Fusion Forums

Elliott's Pond

Did you fish and catch some or just see some rises?

I doubt you will see any risers, the only fish I've seen were dead ones. I've been out a couple of times with Dean and I know a few others who have been out and have seen 0 fish.

Your best bet is to talk to Dean and Tim. Sometimes things happen that are beyond anyones control. The only thing we can do now is restock and and implement the plans for improvement the management has to keep winterkill from happening again. I know that Dean and Tim are doing everything they can to make that true.

For the members that are considering not renewing your membership also consider that the lake will now be in the position to grow some really nice fish with the proper stocking rates and will be a great place to get out of the city again. Dean has some good trout already lined up so it won't take long. Also, they are receptive to putting in triploids if there are any to be found (apparently availability is an issue right now). Sure it sucks now, but if you don't see this through you will regret it once it's back better than ever . Guaranteed you'd have a hard time getting back in, I have enough friends that would gladly take your place.

Monger, feel free to go out there yourself and prove me wrong. I really hope you do, nobody is more dissapointed than me.

I doubt you will see any risers, the only fish I've seen were dead ones. I've been out a couple of times with Dean and I know a few others who have been out and have seen 0 fish.

Your best bet is to talk to Dean and Tim. Sometimes things happen that are beyond anyones control. The only thing we can do now is restock and and implement the plans for improvement the management has to keep winterkill from happening again. I know that Dean and Tim are doing everything they can to make that true.

For the members that are considering not renewing your membership also consider that the lake will now be in the position to grow some really nice fish with the proper stocking rates and will be a great place to get out of the city again. Dean has some good trout already lined up so it won't take long. Also, they are receptive to putting in triploids if there are any to be found (apparently availability is an issue right now). Sure it sucks now, but if you don't see this through you will regret it once it's back better than ever . Guaranteed you'd have a hard time getting back in, I have enough friends that would gladly take your place.

Monger, feel free to go out there yourself and prove me wrong. I really hope you do, nobody is more dissapointed than me.

I know where yo can get some stocking Trips pretty close by too .. pm if interested ..

Thanks for the info Harry. I trust your incredible fish-finding skills so there is no need for me to practice casting over dead water. It's a shame, the fish were in such great shape in late September. If you stock it, they will grow...

Gregg, PM me the triploid info and I can pass it on to the pond management.

Yeah it's a shame - but I'll hold out, especially if it sounds like we can get some trips in there.

I love the pond and its location, and I know that once we get the fish we know we can grow in there, it won't be a problem selling memberships. Pretty good deal with only 25 guys having keys to the gate.