Fly Fusion Forums

Bull Trout Flies

captrob

I got delayed in Colorado another week due to my 66 year old mom fell and broke her ribs and my father is outta town till friday. So I won't be in Banff till next Saturday.

I have already filled my boxes with my proven patterns but no bull trout flies.

I really wanna catch dem bulltrout.

What do you pros suggest ? Tie 4"-8" streamers like I do for Blue Water angling ie.. Marlin, Tuna, Mahi Mahi ?

Would anyone wanna post some pics for me so i can get some color ideas.

Any and all suggestions and clues would be greatly appreciated

Thank Again

Tight Lines and Sharp Hooks

Capt Rob

Guest bigbadbrent

your big baitfish patterns for those, from 4-10" are going to be far better then what most of us are tossing

i just make big bunny strip patterns

What colors ? have been the best white with grey and blue ? i take it i should tie anything to look like a trout of white fish correct ?

I'll post what i tie tonight

Thanks for the reply brent

your big baitfish patterns for those, from 4-10" are going to be far better then what most of us are tossing

i just make big bunny strip patterns

What colors ? have been the best white with grey and blue ? i take it i should tie anything to look like a trout of white fish correct ?

I'll post what i tie tonight

Thanks for the reply brent

I've always caught bullies with white bunny patterns, white clousers, white, white, white!! (at least that works on the Old Man)!

P

Guest Jeremie

im in need to i have some stuff but i need more i have bunny leaches/ buggers/ zonkers etc and need more info cuz im gonna fish alot for bulls from blackstone-bow up in banff- camp creek bc-north sask-atha b etc and i need some info thx

so just get it to the bottom and bounce it around im guessing

cover everything....slow,fast,shallow,deep, if you get a follow with no strike..change it up, Bulls are naturally aggresive mainly due to the fact food is scarce in their enviroment so they will eat when given the opportunity..most times.. .if you know there are fish in a certain place and fish for them for awhile with no strikes, best to move on and try someplace else..your best chance at some action is to present to a "fresh" fish..