Fly Fusion Forums

Any News About 2 Stroke Outboards Banned In Alberta

How many carbon tax credits will I need to run my 15HP Evinrude? Seriously I haven't heard a thing about this for Alberta. Just some general discussion on how two strokes are bad for the environment. Never say never about such things though. Rick.

I can't see a ban taking place. With the tougher emission regulations for companies that manufacture engines that are sold in Canada nowadays and the older 2 strokes becoming obsolete, I can't see the government pressing harder. You never know though.

I have a 20hp from 1986 with about 5 hours on it. It has more wear and tear on it from the sun than it does from running. It will be in my garage 30 years from now with probably the same number of hour on it.

There's a lot less 2 strokes on the lakes than there were 10 years ago. I, like you, would be P'oed if they just up and said no more 2 strokes.

Guest tallieho

after what was on the ctv news tonite I'm beginning to wonder about these guys.The report said that they want to cut back on the fumes that are put into the atmosphere from paint & stain.Even when the manufacture said that by changing there formula would only lead to more applications of the product,this didn't seem to phase the politician.why doesn't that surprise me,they've probably got millions of shares in these paint manufacturers co.

after what was on the ctv news tonite I'm beginning to wonder about these guys.The report said that they want to cut back on the fumes that are put into the atmosphere from paint & stain.Even when the manufacture said that by changing there formula would only lead to more applications of the product,this didn't seem to phase the politician.why doesn't that surprise me,they've probably got millions of shares in these paint manufacturers co.

They are doing nothing but looking for an easy way out. The biggest source of pollutants in our air is from burning fossil fuels. And untill that either stops or we have the technology for it to be a lot cleaner, Anything else that is done will have minimal benefit.

................The biggest source of pollutants in our air is from burning fossil fuels. ...........

I'm not sure what you mean by pollutant, since that term has been totally hijacked by the CO2/carbon/global warming crowd. Terry

What I found interesting is that I was watching a documentary on CBC a few weeks back and the pine beetle infestation in BC, i.e. decaying forests, will release 5 times the amount of CO into the atmosphere than the current amount of vehicles on the road plus the oil field emissions.

What I found interesting is that I was watching a documentary on CBC a few weeks back and the pine beetle infestation in BC, i.e. decaying forests, will release 5 times the amount of CO into the atmosphere than the current amount of vehicles on the road plus the oil field emissions.

What they don't tell you is how much CO2 those decaying forests took out of the atmosphere before the pine beetle.

What they also dont tell you is the decaying forests due to pine beetle infestation is a natural thing. Although it is now on somewhat of a larger scale aparantley due to global warming.

and this also has nothing to do with fire suppression so don't believe the hype people. :lol::lol::rolleyes:

Sorry hijack over, heres the controls back.....