Fly Fusion Forums

Kotv Round #4 Bracket

bulltrout

congratulations to the final two tiers:

TerryH (10)

vs.

clyde (26)

this final round will be a REALISTIC/MATERIAL CHALLENGE...basically, i will give you two types of material, and you must try and incorporate them into a realistic pattern of some sort...the pattern may represent anything the tyer chooses (any type of insect, animal, invertebrate, etc..)...the whole basis of this final round is to show your CREATIVITY, IMPROVISATION AND INGENUITY...what are the materials you ask?.....SWISS STRAW (a.k.a. RAFFIA) AND DEER HAIR...YOUR PATTERN MUST INCORPORATE BOTH MATERIALS TO QUALIFY!!!...to give you guys a little bit of a cushion to plan and play with your creations, the due date for entries into my email (bullyhunter at gmail.com) will be Sunday, May 4 at 10PM...good luck to you both...

Guys

I'm new to this forum and such have not posted much (but viewed a lot) but I have placed my vote during the KOTV rounds and I take this opportunity to congradulate and thank Terry and Clyde for showing us some great looking patterns during the previous rounds. I do look forward to seeing the flies in this final round. Good luck to the both of you.

Vince

Congrats on making the finals, guys. I can't wait to see how you will out do what you already came up with.

DBT, will you be posting a summary of who tied which flies when this is all done?

all flies will be reposted in the Fly Patterns forum as a reference with the tyer's name and recipe (if a recipe was sent along with the pic) after all is said and done...