Fly Fusion Forums

Pontoon Boat Warranty

I love Outcast. I bought a PAC 900 7 years ago, a FishCat 8 for the wife in 2003, and my brother in law bought a PAC 8 three years back.

This past spring, I threw all three boats in a snowmobile trailer and drove out to the Quesnel area. The repeated bouncing of the frames on the pontoons created a leak in one pontoon of every boat. I've tried patching them, but the adhesive in the patch kit I had dried up as it only has a shelf life of two years. I tried other things (aquaseal, marine epoxy, adhesive tape) but just made a mess.

Last Thursday, I threw all three pontoons in an old stroller box and sent them down to Outcast. They left a message on my phone today saying that two of the boats could not be fixed and required complete replacement of the air bladder.

Guess what they charged me? Nothing. Nadda. Zero. Covered under warranty, despite the fact that the leaks were caused by my stupidity. All I had to pay was the shipping. They're even sending me some new patches that work without adhesive in case I get a leak again.

Now that's a company that knows how to take care of customers. I worked with them a bit when I worked at a shop here in town and found the same thing. Do yourself a favor - buy Outcast.

Wow I was just about to make a post in regards to outcast's amazing service. I have a pontube that developed leaks on both bladders right on the seam. I sent them an e-mail stating the problem and all they did was reply asking for my address. Checked at the post office today and there was a package and sure enough it was two brand new bladders. They shipped them within two weeks of my e-mail to them. Pontube is up and running again and similar to your case absolutely no charge. Hard to beat customer service like that. Will definitely be buying outcast when I decide to buy a full pontoon!

Thanks for saving me the trouble Rusty of making a new thread, you must have electronically read my mind!

I had a simalr problem with a pontoon and sent it back to Outcast for repair no charge!

UPS then lost the shipment on its way back from Outcast and when I contactad Outcast they came thru for me BIG TIME!

These guys are a first class company!

In present times people and companies like this are few and far between and if anyone is even considering a pontoon or belly boat I can't say enough about them.

PS the problem I had was not a manufacture defect but something I did myself and they still came thru big time! First Class!