Fly Fusion Forums

Speycasting Clinic

speyghillie

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give some detail on the Speycasting clinic's i will be hosting on Saturday April the 19th and Sunday the 20th.

Saturday the 19th is for guys just getting into Speycasting, i will cover the basic's of Speycasting, which is the building block for all styles of Speycasting.

I have , Marc, Dean ,Bhurt , 3wt , Red and a buddies of Alhugers down for the day.

Sunday the 20th.

Is a More advanced casting clinic, for those who have spent some time Speycasting.

So far i have, Alhuger, cheerler, Wet Duck and Maxwell down for the day.

If i have missed anyone out please let me know, i will PM everybody this week.

As things stand i have two places left for the Sunday, so if you are just getting into Speycasting and can't make the Saturday of have done some Speycasting ,then there is still a couple of places left .

I will try to tailor the casting to everyones own pace, that way everyone gets the most out of each day.

I would like also to thank, Alhuger for booking a Private one to one lesson on the 18th April, Wtforward for booking the 23rd April, and Knotlikely for booking the 25th of April.

I still have a couple of days available for private one to one lesson's.

I will host the weekend classes and private casting clinic's at Southland Dog Park , meeting at 9am in the car park.

If anybody need anymore info please let me know.

See you all soon.

Gordon.

Hey Mr Island Guy,

Funny weather everywhere, though i am just leaving for Glasgow airport and it's beautiful.

Spoke with Harry at Clan, will give you a call when i get over the pond.

Was fishing with Scott a couple of days ago, so got some good news, DVD wise too.

Speak to you soon.

Just wanted to add, one of the guys has changed his date from the Saturday to the Sunday, so i have one place left for anybody wanting to get into Speycasting available on the Saturday.

Gordon.

Guys,

I just finished out a day of instruction w/ Gordon (it was short because I have to work today). Do not let the snowfall fool you, the river was fantastic with little to no wind in the area we were and the snow was no problem. Plenty warm. In fact, fish were rising all of the place! So don't sweat tomorrow. I wish I could go actually.

al

Have fun tomorrow you guys...the weather here on the Island isn't much better...our rivers are very low again and that holds the Steelhead in the deep water pools and they are not going to budge until the melt begins...perhaps next week.

If you can find time Gord email me

FIngerless gloves..ouch

C

How did the day go..Had to work at the shop today so didn't have a chance to fish until after 4 pm...the sky was blue,no winds and the Coast Mountains were very visable across the Straight. Hooked into a major Cutthroat Trout near the mouth of the Big Qualicum River,snapped my leader like it was string. However, Nanaimo,30 miles to the south,had more than a foot of Snow today and had to close several of the main roads in order to clean them...Reminds me of Calgary somewhat...Hope you all had a great time

C