Fly Fusion Forums

Floating Line Sinks

Wanny

bring it to me man, i'll do the loops for you if you want....after the saltwater rush, i can do them in my sleep

I know your game!! You just want to get me into your store so that I can (potentially) spend $ I ain't got!! lol :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the offer Brent, but I think I can handle it!! Don't tell me (nor Mike) that you are this bored sitting around the shop on a blistery Sunday afternoon?! :P :P

P

Thanks for the offer Brent, but I think I can handle it!!

Definitely a good idea to learn to do it yourself. These loops, like welded loops, are going to wear out and give eventually. Better to know how to do it in case you end up having to make a new one streamside. I always keep everything I need to make a new one in my pack (Chameleon Maxima 10lb, knot sense, nail knot tool). Getting some practice doing them at home beats having to learn when there are rising fish 20 feet away...

Sorry guys....Val is chaseing me away from the computer (promised I'd build her a garden shed,a big garden shed!) .I will answer this question ,IMO,when I get back in...BTW...it is very sunny and getting warmer today....should be on the Water!

Guest bigbadbrent
I should've also mentioned that most magazines and books recommend two nail knots, but I figure that three is probably a bit better. YMMV

i do 2, but i also use 25 lb