Fly Fusion Forums

Rivers, Creeks Or Lakes

Yikes Allan, yer not going to let that water wolf you've got in yer mits loose in Tac's little Porkie crik?

No Neil......The place for those piggy's is in big sloughs with lots of cattails.......Can't say those sloughs are my favourite waters though----tend to lean to you and Taco with the small criks......Gotta fish!!!

Definately small creeks with clear water where you can see the fish reject you first 4 nymphs the suck in the 5th. Nothing better in my mind. Also like fishing lakes when you know there are some real pigs down there that could strike at any time. Even nice floating a lake for a day and catching nothing if your the only one out there. Had a bear come down to the shore of Nine Bay and watch me fish for a while and then kicked around to the other side of the island and followed a garter snake as it swam across the lake.

That Coal Branch area fascinates me, been in there a coupla times looking for curly horns yrs ago, think it's about time to go back carryin' a fly rod a little earlier in the yr.

BTW Neil... that grass rod in your pic's, is that one of the RMH Canefather's?

Nope, Taco, the rod's an old Farlow. But I have admired one of Don's sweet 5-weights on many an occasion. And one of these days....

I just got in from our man Corb's show at Rexall Place. Where he did Always Keep an Edge on Your Knife.

And dedicated Rodeo Rider to his Uncle Lyn, who he said isn't feeling too good.

Neil, that Lund family has got more artistic talent and is pretty much ingrained into Southern Ab ranch life... ever see any of DC's paintings?

Never thought much about Corb until I paid attention to some of his lyrics; "you gotta look out for bear when you’re fishing on lee’s creek, they’ll come round the bend and they’ll make your knees weak, there’s grizzlies where there was no grizzly bears before" made me sit up. Been there, done that!

Tako; nice pics but you need some Athabow pictures in there :)

Tac, no Atha-bows that I'm aware of in the Pembina (Tako I hope I'm not letting the cat out of your bag). It one of those neat deals where you get brookies and grayling. There are rockies in there too of course.

Now that's a combo that doesn't exist too many places.

Kind of like your little cuttie. Which, if I've got my drainage figured right, may well be the only true "west sloper" in the entire province.

I'm sure you know this but Corb dedicated the new Horse Soldier CD to Nathan Hornburg, the ranch kid from Nanton who sadly didn't make it home from Afghanistan with the Lord Strathcona Horse. He was a call up from the King's Own.

Corb closed the show with a bugler from the Royal Canadian Artillery Band blowing reville. It was pretty touching. Even a tough old cowboy like you might have got a spec of dust in your eye.

what a great lil stream.....I could fish places like these for days on end

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...