Fly Fusion Forums

Invermere,bc

Hey guys, I was trying to find info on fishing spots around Invermere, couldn't find a whole lot on the net, all I have come up with is the Columbia and Duncan river/lake, looking for something not to far from Invermere and Panorama, any other suggestions

Travis

There is so much great fishing in the are it is truly remarkable....You need to qualify things a bit...How long and when are you there.?? Where are you staying and how much driving do you want to do??? Do you have a boat???Do you like lake fishing??? Or only streams??? I have been going out to the vallet for 30 years and have fished from Golden to Cranbrook...LOTS.......

Fishead,

I just bought a condo in Panorama, so am very interested in the fishing opportunities there as well. Here are my answers:

We will be there a week in late July

Don't mind driving, but I am on vacation with the family and too much time away will get me in hot, hot water.

I like lake fishing and have a ponotoon boat. I would probably get a tube for my son who would certainly come with me. I would probably prefer rivers and streams, but am not married to the idea. MissinTheBow sings the praises of rainbows in interior BC lakes, so wouldn't turn down getting into some of those big boys and girls. So I guess the short answer is both!

Any info you could give would be awesome. I can't wait for my trip in a month or so!

Tro, thanks for starting this. I was going to ask myself!

Hey Rickr, here is the link for the Kootney region, http://env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/pdf/fish-syno...-08_region4.pdf, I was going to stick to the areas of 4-27-26-34, which doesn't leave much for river and streams, either the Duncan river or Columbia for me, but I am going to try and get some local advice, headed there to my condo in Pano on Wednesday, so I will post how I did when I get back,

Hey Rickr, here is the link for the Kootney region, http://env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/pdf/fish-syno...-08_region4.pdf, I was going to stick to the areas of 4-27-26-34, which doesn't leave much for river and streams, either the Duncan river or Columbia for me, but I am going to try and get some local advice, headed there to my condo in Pano on Wednesday, so I will post how I did when I get back,

Tro,

Thanks for the link and looking forward to your report. Can't wait to try it there myself. Good Luck!

Speaking about the same area, I will be around there in mid july. I'll be staying in Radium hot springs.

I'm looking for some nice small creeks with good numbers of fish inside Kootney N'park. Size doesn't matter. Just enough to make me escape from the family each day!

Also would like to check out cobb,dogg and olive lakes...

Any experience here?