Fly Fusion Forums

Casual Dress

Inconnu

I use this pattern a lot in small lakes where there is a good population of Dragonfly nymphs. I tie it almost exactly as Polly Rosenborough tied it with no alteration except the head. He used black ostrich and I use peacock, the beadhead is a new addition, I typically use it without one. My best day on a small lake in northern B.C. was over 25 fish (I was counting because I was fishing against a guy with a Royal Coachman) over 22" and 1/2 a dozen under that size.

Best fished over submerged weed beds, let it sink then a slow retrieve

CasualDress.jpg

I have Polly's "Fuzzy Nymphs" right in front me right now. I was just reading about the casual dress last night. He used it for moving waters. Doesn't mention stillwaters at all. Thanks for posting about its effectiveness in those waters.

BTW, is that muskrat back fur? It looks too light.

I tied up some muskrat's and little stones for myself and LoneFisher. I already landed at least one fish on each, which is not too bad considering the amount of time they spent in the water.

I'm very intrigued with the Nondescript. No you have any experience with that?

That is muskrat fur, the colour is somewhat seasonal. I have only used this one of his patterns and only a couple of times in moving water. I did take Dlly Varden on it but as mentioned my best results were over submerged weed beds. I'll have to look for the nonedescript pattern as well.....Kerry