Fly Fusion Forums

Predictions For Friday

I'm stuck in the Centre of the Universe and have been for a couple of days, so I can't scout the Bow river. I have a float trip planned for Friday. My last trip was planned the day it snowed. The one before was planned the day it rained about 15mm and was very cold. Both got cancelled.

It looks like the weather is going to be good, but has anyone seen evidence that runoff has started? Are we going to be there by Friday and am I going to suffer a 3rd cancelled trip - what do you think?

(this town sucks by the way - grey, stuffy and boring - the most interesting people here by far are the homeless...)

I'm thinking the "Centre of the Universe " must be Edmonton but I thought you may want to verify that for me Pigl.

Thanks.

No, Toronto. Homeless people don't bother with Edmonton. They just blend in too much with the general population so it's hard for them to make any money.

Thanks for your help Fisher26.

No, Toronto. Homeless people don't bother with Edmonton. They just blend in too much with the general population so it's hard for them to make any money.

Thanks for your help Fisher26.

I hear ya, I'm off to the Centre of the Universe Thursday for the next week and change. :(

I always thought calgary was the new centre of the Universe??

Every time I go I meet people who moved there from Toronto anyways, plus the driving is worse in Calgary and the air sucks.

But the fishing is Damn Good, I guess...

Pretty hot and sunny all day yesterday, revy mud started moving again by the end of the day, we expect the same weather today, luckily it is still close to zero at night so the water was clear this morning but by late day it will be dirty again and running high - chances are it will be dirty but from what I read that means you just need to change the way you approach your technique - see all the dirty water posts...