Fly Fusion Forums

New Fishing Buddy

Glenbow

Here's my new fishing buddy Jesse. He's a 2 year old black lab, and he's a great & well trained dog. 95 lbs of gear-carrying fishing buddy for me! We adopted him 2 days ago, and aside from the cats living in hiding, he's been a great guy so far.

Jesse.jpg

Jesse1.jpg

Jesse2.jpg

No, not one of my cats! :lol:

Jesse3.jpg

Glenbow, thank you for adopting this guy. Most people want a puppy, but there are a lot of dogs out there that need good homes. We had to give our dog up (of 7 years) because we moved into on-campus housing at school (not really by choice) and it was a heartbreaking event knowing that there was a possibility that our dog would be put down if no one came do adopt her. Things worked out for us, she was "pet of the week" on global TV and we were informed that she was adopted 2 days later by a person like yourself. Again, I would just like to say thanks and that if we get a dog again, it will be adopted (and we will own our own house)

Glenn,

When I was a teenager in the late 80's my friend and I were walking home from fishing when all of a sudden we see a black lab puppy running towards us out of the woods. Even though we lived in a small community we never found the owner. My friend kept the dog and named it Cindy. My friend now has 3 kids, the oldest boy (my god son) is now 13. The dog still lives! It use to be completely black but now in it's final stage has white eyebrows and a white chin.

Anyway, the point is you will have a great companion for many years to come. Congrats.

This picture was taken the last time I returned home,

Cindy.jpg

I love labs.... Congrats Glen..... Do I still get to go fishing with you now that you have a new fishing buddy...... Hope so cause as smart as they are I bet that dog can't net a fish..... if he can..... we'll thats about all I got going for me over the dog so heres hoping he can't

Congratulations...labs are great dogs and are a lot of fun on the river....once you can keep them out of it long enough to catch a fish or two. They are the best fishing buddy, cause they never catch more fish than you. :P

Hope so cause as smart as they are I bet that dog can't net a fish..... if he can..... we'll thats about all I got going for me over the dog so heres hoping he can't

No they can't net a fish...but they will retrieve them

Thanks again all you guys,

I am waiting to take him to the river until after the ice shelves are gone, that way I can figure out if he's a water-spaz and it'll be somewhat safer for both of us. I sure am looking forward to taking him out to my favorite streams this summer.

Went out with Glen the other day and he brought the dog along. He actually behaved pretty well for his first time out fishing...... definately likes water...... and ducks LOL I wonder if any lab in history has actually caught a live duck....... they love to try but those ducks aren't stupid. Started off kinda wild but was surprised how quickly he responded to Glens scolding and was suprising well behaved...... Doesn't seem much more then mildly interested in the fish though..... Seems to take a quick look at the fish and says to himself with a hint of disdane "what are you doing? Thats the dumbest looking duck I ever saw..... You wanna a duck? Let me go catch that green headed out there in the middle of the river " He was fun but it became very obvious quite quickly that he has no instinct to not step on rod tips.......No breaks so far but I am gonna have to remember that......