Fly Fusion Forums

I Know This Might Sound Like A Funny Question

Snowwolf

Snowwolf,

In order to successfully fish the Bow in the winter you need 2 things.

A chinook

and no job.

If both of those things happen at once, you can get a lot of fishing done.

If not, you end up like me, having not fished since the solstice event on dec 21st on the crow. :(

Or you can do what normal people do: Give up and go icefishing

Or you can do what normal people do: Give up and go icefishing

I actually got to do some of that ice fishing stuff last year with my new father in law....down near Med hat. I was the youngest out of the 4 of us so guess who got to run from the truck to the poles every time they went down....L yep that would be me...Runnied a pair of my wifes down gloves too.....they smelled like fish and for some reason she wouldn't wear them after I gave them back to her....L

it was a great time to get to know my FIL.

Dann

Snowwolf,

Last year I went out fishin with toolman, I think it was around -15 and it was COLD....

Toolmaninthefog.jpg

well this weekend looks good to go but have alot on my plate....and one of them was the sportsman show....was a really good time.

and the step daughter won her heat in the minnow races and took the hat for her prize....

later

Dann

p.s. I was wondering about the picture in your replay is that you or a picture you took

pretty much an all day event. i was there tonight from 5-9. i do believe doors open tomorrow morning at 10?!? dont hold me to that and then close at 9pm.

saturday, i think is 10am again. i am tying from 2pm until 9pm and sunday not sure what time but i am there from 2 until close, which could be 5pm

swing by, i'd love to chat with you. the hook and hackle tables are between the fishing hole and the trout pond.

i fish the rivers in the beaver mine lake area in the summer. just turn right in stead of left and follow the castle river camp ground signs, head over the mountain and turn right again. if you hit the bridge you have gone too far, i'll be at the lynx creek camp sites. maybe we can sling a few flies this summer.

that is so freaky you fish there too...L

thanx for the help in places to go....I think we are going to try camping on the right side of the main road in that area near the creek/river....no one had every really gone beyond the lake until last year.....my wife/daughter and I took a drive after we were done camping and found that area just before the ski resort area

Snowwolf,

In order to successfully fish the Bow in the winter you need 2 things.

A chinook

and no job.

If both of those things happen at once, you can get a lot of fishing done.

If not, you end up like me, having not fished since the solstice event on dec 21st on the crow. :(

Chinooks give me a headache....L

that pressure sure does a number on my head every time....

not necessarily tiana...see pic of "big earl"... :P lol

i was meaning the lynx creek camp ground not the fishing. :P

if i turned right after the bridge but before i get to the nabor, would i be close to big earl. i havent fished that run until you get to that other place we talked about.