Fly Fusion Forums

Line Recommendations?

I like SA lines. I bought an Airflow Ridgeline 5 wt WF last year and didn't like it at all - way too much memory. SA trout taper or the GPX (although I don't know if they make them in DT). Why are you getting a DT?

As an aside, does anyone know anything about a brand of line called "Wulff". A friend of mine bought a reel on Ebay that was spooled with a "Wulff #9" (which he doesn't care about and will likely throw away), but I've never heard of that line. Any thoughts?

I like SA lines. I bought an Airflow Ridgeline 5 wt WF last year and didn't like it at all - way too much memory.

Good to know. I was reading about this stuff in a recent magazine and was contemplating buying a spool.

Thanks a lot guys. I do appreciate the feedback.

WRT why I want a DT, it's because I'm cheap and when one end wears, I can reverse the line. Most of my fishing is on smaller waters, so I don't need to reach way out like I could with a WF line.

cheers

pat

I've been fly fishing for about 20 years and have only used Cortland fly lines. I find that I only can get a little over a year out of my lines and even after cleaning the tip sinks (no it's not a sink tip line-DT4F). What are some of the lines you guys use? Is there a better line out there?