Fly Fusion Forums

Regular Line Vs Multi-tips

headscan

For those of you who have cast both a Windcutter or Delta regular version and the multi/versi tip versions are there any major differences in the way they behave? I realize that if you're casting one of the sinking tips it'll be different than casting the regular floating version of the line, but is there much difference between for example the regular Windcutter and the Versitip with the floating tip?

For those of you who have cast both a Windcutter or Delta regular version and the multi/versi tip versions are there any major differences in the way they behave? I realize that if you're casting one of the sinking tips it'll be different than casting the regular floating version of the line, but is there much difference between for example the regular Windcutter and the Versitip with the floating tip?

I've noticed no difference at all between the two (I own both in several weights). I do prefer the multi tips as it gives me more instant options. I've even cut on of my Windcutters one piece onto a 3 piece with loop to loop connections. Wanted to do some fine tuning to the grain weight and add the opportunity of custom tips.

I've noticed no difference at all between the two (I own both in several weights). I do prefer the multi tips as it gives me more instant options. I've even cut on of my Windcutters one piece onto a 3 piece with loop to loop connections. Wanted to do some fine tuning to the grain weight and add the opportunity of custom tips.

Thanks SilverDoctor, that's exactly what I was looking to hear. I was considering getting a Windcutter or Delta but would prefer the versatility of having multiple tips. At the same time since I'm still a novice with the double-handed rod I didn't want to buy a line that would be more difficult to cast.

Consider the coating on the lines before you make your purchase...the Delta (Air Flo ) coatings don't like the cold weather at all...the Windcutter is better for the COLLLDDDD

C

Yeah, I remember Colin mentioning that. I know I've heard that in warm weather the two lines are quite comparable, but given the long Calgary winters I'm leaning towards the Windcutter.

Got out with the Windcutter Versitip on my Snowbee 8/9 for the first time today. Took me a little while to find the right load point, but once I did all I could say was wow. Even this morning when it was cooler and I had some of the line laying in the snow I didn't experience any coiling. Thanks for all the advice.

Got out with the Windcutter Versitip on my Snowbee 8/9 for the first time today. Took me a little while to find the right load point, but once I did all I could say was wow. Even this morning when it was cooler and I had some of the line laying in the snow I didn't experience any coiling. Thanks for all the advice.

The right line on hte right rod ................Life is good