Fly Fusion Forums

Best Fishing Board There Is

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher
hey!!!! i'm going to have to remember that... for later. when we are ice fishing :P

nice recovery though. ;)

watch for dead perch missing an eyeball down the back of your jacket... that is if i ever catch one :blink:

the fly fishing community is not exactly huge, of the 1500 or whatever members here, there are 50 - 60 regulars who through less than 6 degrees of separation have pretty much fished with everyone, it is a lot more personal than some boards, and it really is hard to be a dick to someone you actually know than just some annonimous sign-on name. it certainly makes FFC a great place because everyone is willing to help each other out.

:-)

I think there is a lot more problems between cities than within a city it appears.

I will be keeping my eye on you...but only if you do catch a perch!

Cheers

Sun

I personally can say I only jerk the chain on resident Texicans.... they're so cute when they're indignant :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Indignant? How dare you, sir!

I had my wife look at me while I was indignantly typing the above. She says you are correct Taco. I am very cute when I'm indignant.

Thought I would resurrect this post instead of starting another.

I was going through my pictures from this year to send a few to a friend in Texas (yes, I do have a few). My fly fishing pictures started last year in March. It was shocking to me how many pictures I have of people from this site. It would take a while to add it up, but I would guess I have met and/or fished with 25 people or so this year. That is actually pretty amazing. Looking back, in most years if I fished with 5 new people it would be unusual. 25 is off the charts.

Now part of that is because I can fish many more times per year here than anywhere I have ever lived due to proximity to the water. And the internet has certainly made it easier to meet people who have similar interests. But really more than anything it is the friendliness of the people here. I have been a member of boards down south as well. I never fished with anyone I "met" there. Here, on my cell phone I have the numbers of around 10 members from this board that I have no trouble calling and asking if they want to hit the water. And a whole bunch more I would pm and ask. I would also accept an invitation from anyone here (some just to argue with!). That's pretty cool.

Guest Sundancefisher
I would also accept an invitation from anyone here (some just to argue with!). That's pretty cool.

Great to know rickr... We will definitely get out and discuss global warming while fishing.... Just got to wait till it warms up cause it has been dam cold this winter...I mean warm...I mean cold...I mean warm...ahhh forget it... Let's just fish..

:-)

Sun

geez..Rick i feel honored that i am one of the ten or so that made your phone....lol...I have to admit that i also have 5 or 6 numbers on my phone from members. I have said before that it is safe to say that i have have met people on her that i will be fishing with for many...many... years to come and have made friends beyond fishing.

But i still don't have T's #. Come on LadyS .....your killin me. :P;)