Fly Fusion Forums

License Costs

timehh

Perhaps in conjunction with organizations like TU, we need to look at something like the Freshwater Fisheries society of BC

http://www.gofishbc.com/whofunded.htm

"The Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC (FFSBC) delivers a range of technical and professional services needed to support both recreational fisheries and fish conservation and restoration in B.C.

In 2003 the Province introduced a new dedicated fee funding model. Under this funding model 100% of dollars collected from licence sales is used to support sport fisheries service delivery. It was further established that conservation and restoration of wild fish populations would be supported by General Revenue rather than licence fees."

Rickr. SEK = South East Koutney's and I think Don is refering to Progressive Conservative. Politically Correct is usually reserved for the left leaners.

Tako. Always, buddy. An injustice is always an injustice. Some grow to accept them, some do not. Just because we're being told to FO and go to all the other great fishing doesn't make it any more acceptable.

BTW, welcome aboard. You wouldn't happen to be Local Yokel, would you? ;)

Are you guys STILL whining about $20/day. Simple solution, stop following the guides around. There's plenty of water over here that ain't classified. So much that I've never bought a CW license in my life.

To stay on topic, I pay $38.52/yr as a resident. When I paid $22.50 to fish in Alberta I was pleasantly surprised.

Alrighty then, I'll stop following the guides around. Can I follow you around, instead? :P

Rickr. SEK = South East Koutney's and I think Don is refering to Progressive Conservative. Politically Correct is usually reserved for the left leaners.

Tako. Always, buddy. An injustice is always an injustice. Some grow to accept them, some do not. Just because we're being told to FO and go to all the other great fishing doesn't make it any more acceptable.

BTW, welcome aboard. You wouldn't happen to be Local Yokel, would you? ;)

No, I'm from the great white north

I don't favor an increase in the resident license cost. I wouldn't mind seeing the stocked vs. all waters license, it sounds like a reasonable idea. I already pay too much for other things that our infinitely wise Government has decided to charge more for, so no increase in fees is my vote. For more revenue, jack-up the non-resident license like everywhere else.

you don't wanna make the non resident license too expensive glen as more and more people might go fishing without one!.

it's very easy to fish in most places without a license, possible because nobody checks!, in six years i was checked 3 times (@ very public places).

i think your (local) gouvernment should enforce a lot more, and make sure that more licenses are sold.

that way the revenue will go up without charging more for the license.

i always buy a anual license but use it for four weeks only!, not a problem because the money hopefully is spend well.

just my two cents..........

greetzzzzzzz

tom

Should the cost of having the 'privilege' to fish Alberta waters be increased?

I don't care myself about the cost so much, BUT... in my humble opinion, one should not be making it easy as most rod and gun clubs do, to apply mitigative principals on fishing or hunting....mitigation is in anyone's terms, compromsing your rights.

Government has been all too good at the compromising with little or no benefits ending up on our table.

Stick with what is working and never give in too readily on hidden taxation like this as you will never seen the benefit and you and your children will be the unlucky beneficieries of government gone spending crazy again.