Fly Fusion Forums

At 67 years old finding my typical walk ins getting harder every year. anyone using e bikes for traveling from camp to various sections of streams or rivers, don' t want to break the bank and don't need a full on mountain bike. Main requirement is range of the bike. Might also use it on atv trails. 

Thnks in advance ray 

I am a shade over 70. Purchased a RadRover6 fat tire a couple years back for around 2 grand which for the price is well worth it. My farthest trip on trails with a lot of up and down was about 23miles (37 km) still had 4 bars left on the battery which I thought was pretty darn good considering the terrain. It is a tad heavy at about 75 or so pounds. Bought a double bike rack at princess auto and only use one side of it with extra straps for the fat tires it works well. Fits into my truck hitch. Lots of accessories available like front and rear racks and saddle bags also.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a fat tire ebike a few weeks ago but was in Mexico over break so only assembled and got out riding this past weekend. Put 50k on in SE Calgary all through fish creek park and up and down the paths on both sides of the Bow. Love the thing!!! I think it would work fine getting into certain areas for fishing etc. Great weather . Bought a smaller bike for the wife and a non fat tire version and hers was great as well.

They were both great on the paths and off road dirt and gravel packed. Obviously the fat tire will excel here. Rode to work this morning and left the f350 home!!!!

I use the assist and peddle about 50% as well depending on the terrain. Get the biggest motor and battery that you can. I have a 750 watt hub a 20 amp battery.

Best of luck.

On 4/1/2024 at 7:26 AM, creekside said:

thanks for the reply  how would that rack hold up on really bad washboard roads like on the trunk road.  

Sorry about the delay in response. That is something I am not sure of. I wish I could give you a positive answer to that question however I have not been on really rough roads with it. I think there are racks that would stand up to really rough roads however they are pricey but piece of mind worthy.

The trunk is pretty rough in many places. I haul my 40 foot toyhauler down through the gap and up to Liv many times during the summer and every goal is not to break something!!!

There would be a lot of bounce with the rack but if you take your time on the rough patches you would be fine. A truck with the bike pad on tailgate would be ideal but the fat tires are heavy. I did this yesterday and best option was putting bike in box and then the front fork over the pad and tailgate.