Fly Fusion Forums

Looking for a custom fly tyer; specializing in dry flies

[Cross posted]

Hi Everyone:

Don't have much time to tie decent, well-tied dry flies anymore. Especially the small stuff.

Anyone know an oustanding tyer - one that specializes or at least has tons of experience tying dry flies? Willing to pay reasonable prices. 

I live in Edmonton, so someone that lives in BC or AB would be ideal.

Thanks for any recommendations!

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Myself and my group of fishing friends have been using Mike Mailey to tie our flies for the last 5 years. He’s been around shops and guiding since the 80s. 

I usually have my special requests and then ask him for his advice and favourites. The quality is outstanding with hooks, materials and cement. I don’t recall having a single fly come apart until it’s caught several fish. 

He charges by the hour and I have found the prices to be more than fair for what I get. 

It’s been working out really well for me. 

Dave

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DMac said:

Hi Mike,

Myself and my group of fishing friends have been using Mike Mailey to tie our flies for the last 5 years. He’s been around shops and guiding since the 80s. 

I usually have my special requests and then ask him for his advice and favourites. The quality is outstanding with hooks, materials and cement. I don’t recall having a single fly come apart until it’s caught several fish. 

He charges by the hour and I have found the prices to be more than fair for what I get. 

It’s been working out really well for me. 

Dave

Is there a way to get in contact with this fellow ?