Fly Fusion Forums

Stupid Weather

So this weekend was always sort of a write off for me going to the Mountain streams due to baseball tournaments. But the plan was to hit a local lake this afternoon after the games to do some Chironomid technique testing, rain or shine. But not rain, +7C, and 30 KM/hr winds!

Isn't it Jun 17? When does summer come here, at Tuesday in July??

Houston is +27. That's a proper late Spring day (on the downside, its raining there too!)

Looking forward to better weather, please, pretty please....

Rickr,

It's the way June is here, like it or lump it. I don't like it either, but Houston is a llllllooooonnnngggg way south of here! June can be nice here too, just often it can be like this. Hang in there, it'll be better before you know it. The good times are still just ahead.

Rickr,

It's the way June is here, like it or lump it.

I pick lump it!

Things done today:

Went to son's baseball game at 10 am. Cancelled. No, really.

Went to local lake in defiance of the weather. Froze and quit after 45 fruitless minutes.

Rearranged/reorganized all fly boxes and vest. Realized that I don't know what about 25% of the flies I own are called, including 75% of the dries.

Watched the US Open. Confirmed what I have long suspected, that Tiger ain't all that. He'll only win 22 majors or so. All you have to do to keep him from lifting a heavy cup or plate at the end of 4 rounds is to not let him be in the lead after 3. Easy peazy. I knew he'd never live up to the hype.

Mopped floor and vacuumed upstairs. Happy Fathers Day! But really, I banked major points with the wife for this.

Looked out the window. I can usually see the mountains, but not today. The sad part is I know when I can see them again there will be way more white. To quote the immortal Bill Murray in Stripes "and then depression set in".

Open a cold one, drink it fast, and then open another one. Then start imagining fighting a nice juicy trout in a sweet clear river, and doing that all day long in the sun. Then coming home and getting a nice treat from Mrs. rickr. By then you'll need another beer and will probably be smiling. Happy Father's Day.

Open a cold one, drink it fast, and then open another one. Then start imagining fighting a nice juicy trout in a sweet clear river, and doing that all day long in the sun. Then coming home and getting a nice treat from Mrs. rickr. By then you'll need another beer and will probably be smiling. Happy Father's Day.

Ok finished and Mrs. rickr is asleep. Now what??

Happy fathers day to you too!

I did buy this game. It is a real hoot to play when you can't actually go fish'in. It is way easyier to catch fish on it than on the Bow!

It also has a fly tie section where you can make your own flys. I haven't tried that feature on it yet though.