Fly Fusion Forums

Black Winter Stones

localanglr

not gonna claim to be an expert but I would tie some a bit smaller as I have seen em real small in adult form..... like size 20...... that said I dunno if you need to tie your nymphs that small depends on the hatch where your fishin em. If your fishing the athabasca in winter you want some tinies.

what size should i be tieng these in i did a couple in like a size 12, wondering if i should go smaller

DSCF0215.jpg

Aswome job dude, I like the way they look. I have been ting tem in all sizes from #10 to #14

Not good at ting the tinny stuff, if I need them I will raid a buddies box or go out and buy some until I am able to tie them that same.

what size should i be tieng these in i did a couple in like a size 12, wondering if i should go smaller

DSCF0215.jpg

localanglr,

Put one on the other day for the first time, given to me by a friend to demo. I would say size 14. It lasted 2 casts before something big broke it off. Those look great!

Local,

Here are some #12 that I tied up last night (Tied some #16 this morning, hoping to get out today to test them out)

IMG_2236.jpg

As one of my fishing mentor's once said to me, How do you know if they will work or not if you haven't tried fishing them?

Missing my vise only 3 days till I get back from vacation. Din could you post a recipe?

Thread: Black 8/0

Tails/Legs: black micro rubber legs

body/wing case: black 1/8" stretch floss (Folded in half over body to give more of a rib look, but flat for wing case...)

Dub: black

Fished it today. all 5 fish i landed took this. and missed several others. be sure to not make the legs too long as i found it wraps around the body and did some on stream fixins