Fly Fusion Forums

Outdoor Hockey Game

Hey all. Im gonna be in town from 26-29 or so, have some hockey planned. There's 5 of us that are gonna lace up for sure... if anyone else wants to join in some fun friendly shinny type hockey at one of the outdoor rinks in town, lemme know. I usually go to a rink around 40 ave and 40st somewhere I dont know the address but if people are interested in meeting us I'll GET u the address. We'll basically be there every night till they shut the lights out... :lol::lol:

Geez this would be fun!! Might have to make a trip to Calgary for a day. Once you find out the address could you post it and maybe I can make it up there one day. Well have a great time. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. Cheers

Guest Rocknbugs

My knee and foot are totally F$%ed but I could give it a go, when and were. Mackenzie lake has a killer hockey rink on one side and 2 rinks set up on the lake as well. The ice is great as we have a community Zamboni and they do the ice near daily its awesome. If we can get enough people from the site I could call over and see if we could get a time to have a private game.

Brian let us know which rink. Silver Springs was in good shape yesterday. Last year the volunteers were floodingand scraping 2X/day. I assume it's the same this year as the same guy is in charge. Triwood apparently uses the zamboni on their outdoors rink also - don't know if it's restricted to community members.

Silver Springs is not as well kept as last year (i tried to volunteer but they said the guy taking care of it has 1 other person and does not want any other help) However that said it is in MUCH better shape than most other outdoor rinks, im not one to complain when i can walk 2 blocks and have a nice skate.

Guest Rocknbugs
My knee and foot are totally F$%ed but I could give it a go, when and were. Mackenzie lake has a killer hockey rink on one side and 2 rinks set up on the lake as well. The ice is great as we have a community Zamboni and they do the ice near daily its awesome. If we can get enough people from the site I could call over and see if we could get a time to have a private game.

Are you guys still planning on playing on the 29th (saturday)? I can't make it to Calgary on the 27th but I am planning on coming down on Saturday to fish the Bow and I'll bring my gear to play some hockey afterwards. I would love to meet some of you folks and pass a puck or two as well. Please, let me know if this is still in the books! I'll need an address and maybe directions since I'm not familiar with Calgary.

James