Fly Fusion Forums

How Would You Replace All Of Your Flies If You Lost Them?

alhuger

All,

I recently was reminded why you should always be vigilant with locking your doors in the inner city. I was working in the back yard recently and I left the garage door open out front. Not a terribly clever decision. While I was out back someone wandered into my garage and helped themselves to some of my fishing gear. They walked out with two Bauer M4 and M5 reels along with a big box full of my flesh, egg and dry flies. It's pretty miserable to be stolen from but it's even worse for them to steal your fishing gear! In any event I now need to replace my dry flies as I will never have enough time to tie that many before the season starts up again. Can anyone suggest a good online retailer with affordable but quality dry flies?

Thanks,

al

Thanks guys, that gives me allot to work with and thanks to the people who contacted me off-line. Losing it all sucked but what bothered me most was losing a collection of flies my grandfather fished with. It could have been allot worse so I am lucky in that regard. Oh well, in any event thanks again guys.

-al

It's here in Calgary according to a quick google search.

Funny. I did a google search before I asked.. and couldn't see anything that said Calgary.. other than the couple references to them donating flies at the Bow River Cleanup.

• 2 weeks later...

All,

As an FYI I placed an order with Ickyflyworks and just received the flies. Awesome service and the flies look to be good quality. I would not hesitate to recommend them to others. Thanks to those made the suggestion.

Cheers,

al