Fly Fusion Forums

Loop Rods Etc...

maxwell

jstu a local heads up. hansons outfitter has a bunch of loop products ready too bring in at a good price..jsut looked through the list and picked up a few things...lots of rods in teh 11-14 ft 7-11wt range...tons of great trout speys..loop greys, greens, blues and blacks goron anderson mostly and a few others...waders for a great price and some other stuff.....give wayne a call!!!

Of course we could not pass up an opportunity to pick up a few new Loop Spey rods. Max ordered a couple of the Loop Blue, a 7112-3 and a 8116-4. I ordered a 9140-4 to add to my collection of Bluelines. We also picked up a couple of Loop 9/10 Quatro Tip, multi tip, Scandinavian Shooting Heads.

The friendliest of all the colour coded series was actually the Yellow..seriously. The Newer and first edition of the Grey or Goran Andersen rods were and still are exceptional rods...I have both the 13' yellow and Grey and the 14' Blue,Yellow and Green. The problem with the Green series is that they are prone to breaking in the Handle section...these are still very nice rods; and yes they are discontinued!

C

I have to agree about the Yellow series. I have the 10150 but I want a couple more of them, including a 9140, which Max owns and I have casted and maybe a 9132 to fight a few Kings at some point. I'm using an XLT 7/8 and a AF 10/11/12 Scandi head, cut back to 39', on the 10150 Yellow. I also have a Quatro Tips, 9/10 coming in a few days. Lots of new toys to play with this Christmas.