Fly Fusion Forums

Two Hander Conversion Kits

alhuger

I was down at Hanson's this week and they showed me a TFO conversion kit to change up your one hander to a two hander. Looked interesting although I wonder if it's primary intended use is overhead casting rather than spey casting. None the less, anyone try this out? Url is:

http://www.templeforkflyrods.com/rods/conversion.html

-al

I gave one a wiggle test down at Fish Tales this morning. The new bottom section converts a TFO TiCrX 9' 7wt or 8wt., into a two handed switch rod. Pretty cool and makes the rod capable of all two hand spey casts as well as two hand overhead and of course single hand casting too.

I gave one a wiggle test down at Fish Tales this morning. The new bottom section converts a TFO TiCrX 9' 7wt or 8wt., into a two handed switch rod. Pretty cool and makes the rod capable of all two hand spey casts as well as two hand overhead and of course single hand casting too.

Hmm, I will have to give it a shot after Xmas. That might save me some bag room for my next trip given that I plan to take a TFO 8wt and a two hander.

-al

This conversion kit seems to focus on the rods ability to two hand overhead with shooting heads, but two handed spey casting with theses converted rods, is not mentioned on the TFO site page.

Two hand spey casting puts added pressures on the rod that might make it unsuitable for spey casting, although it may still work well. If you get a chance to cast one, let us know how it works. I have a friend looking at buying this kit as well.

http://www.templeforkflyrods.com/news/arch...wo-hande.html#T

This conversion kit seems to focus on the rods ability to two hand overhead with shooting heads, but two handed spey casting with theses converted rods, is not mentioned on the TFO site page.

Two hand spey casting puts added pressures on the rod that might make it unsuitable for spey casting, although it may still work well. If you get a chance to cast one, let us know how it works. I have a friend looking at buying this kit as well.

http://www.templeforkflyrods.com/news/arch...wo-hande.html#T

I made the same assumption after reading their site last night. It looks like a rig designed for surf casting. As for trying it out, I'll unlikely be able to hit any water with it for a while and I'm not accomplished enough in understanding the rods themselves to be able to flex it and make any intelligent assumptions. I think I may wait.

-al