Fly Fusion Forums

Christmas Flies Poll ( Multiple Choice )

bulltrout

Christmas Flies Poll ( Multiple Choice )  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Best Christmas Pattern

• Weedy1
    • Lundvike
    • cheeler
    • SanJuanWorm
    • clyde
    • ggp
    • Din
    • 126barnes
    • kritofr
    • Badger
    • LoneFisher
    • CapeBSalar
    • michel921

I choose Clyde as he was the original to be really creative. I have to give capeBsalar a close second as his fly is awesome. Great looking flies !!!!

Man, that was tough. Great ties everyone.

Dr. BT, maybe you should put a note at the end of your first post, indicating there are more choices to come in the next post. I made the mistake of voting without seeing the flies in the second post. Terry

GGP for overall appeal and proportion. A great looking fly and would probably work.

126barnes for that married wing and great floss work. Also got points for colour balance.

Kristofr. Creativity. Wow. I want to take that thing home and hug it.

LoneFisher for superb shank work. If you would have put some "real" wings on it, it would have been hard to beat. Golden Pheasant Crest dyed green? Where did you find that?

All flies are great and I wanted to vote for a lot of the others but I had to limit it. You guys put a lot of effort into this and you should all be proud.

ps: Lunkvike. Every time I look at that fly, I want to eat it.

Hydro- I know the bucktail sucked....... But I had nothing in the way of suitable wing feathers whatsoever..... I am gonna have the same problem with the steelhead/salmon contest...... but I am workin on getting something I can work with....... But thanks for the compliment on the shank. Found the GP in green at wholesale a month ago or so (got SilverDoctor blue as well). I was gonna put another one on as topping as well but scrapped the idea as I didn't really feel it suited the bucktail and I was outta tying time. I am happy with parts of this fly but it may get rejected to the fishable catagory. This was the best contest I have seen so far and some of the flys are just amazing.

PS Thanks for devoting the time to these contests DBT.