Fly Fusion Forums

Small Spey Gathering

ogilvie

For those in the area there will be a small Spey Gatheing on the Stamp River near Port ALberni , VAncouver Island on December 22...should the river blow out we will find a location close by..

C

Bring your rods,waders and rain coats..although there will be plenty of rods therre all set-up

Man,the River is getting higher...was out today...landed my nicest Cuttie of the Year...reminds me of Our Late Jackie Gleason...huge belly...the fish was only about 4-5 lbs...these fish are rare on the Stamp River,everyone is a jewell!

The river turned muddy about 1PM...so I went to the Upper Reaches above the High BAnks that spread forth their runof during the rains...hope we can get something done with these banks....like the Cowichan

Hows the Bow?

Congrats on landing the trophy Cutt. Was this a sea run?

The Bow river fished very well this past week. Many larger trout feeding and the weather has been moderate and sunny for the last few days. I got to play with my 3 Loop rods this weekend and that was a lot of fun. Scandi heads on the 7116 and 10150 bluelines and an 8/9 XLT 95' , on the 10150 yellow line. A fun rod to cast the XLT with a 10' intermediate sink poly leader added.

Unfortuneately I won't be able to attend your Spey gathering next weekend. Good luck and have fun.