Fly Fusion Forums

Hoppers On The Bow

Weedy1

It was on the Canadian Learning Channel, 103 in Edmonton. Didn't catch the time. I record them on my computer and once it's finished recording the time doesn't show up anymore. If you can accept a 1.5 Gb email I'll send it to you, I doubt it though.

Nice to see you back around this joint ADC. How was your season?

I think a 1.5 gig will crash me but thanks anyway.......I can like find it somewhere on my sattelite dish with a bit of luck.......Yeah nice to be back.....Season was great---started off with some bonefishing and tarpon in Belize, pike in the spring and a good trout season..........A great year all in all and I may be around for another one next year, God willing...........How'bout you??

Great year for me, finally got down south to fish some waters in the Crow area. The fire ban was on though so most of the waters I wanted to fish were not accessible.

Fishing around Edmonton wasn't as good as last year for quantity although the size of the fish was up. Met some good people this year that I look forward to fishing with next year.

I'll have to watch it again but I don't think the guys verified they caught any of the fish on the hopper patterns.

Colin: "At one point we had a strike on every 3rd cast on the hopper."

Colin: "On the hopper, that's the biggest rainbow I've ever caught". and then later on in the episode Colin again "On the double hopper rig!"

The highlight that I heard from the show, (from a buddy who watched it today)...

One of the anglers says "Sure are a lot of Stoneflies out today".....really?.... no kiddin'.....LOL!

You can't just make *hit up to prove your point, LOL. I'll drop my copy off at fishtales for your viewing pleasure.

The Bow sure was low and weedy that year, the south side looked like it didn't even have flowing water in some sections. It must have been a great year!

Something they repeated several times in that video was "the majority of hoppers on the Bow are bright green, brown, and olive but it is more important to match the size and silhouette of the terresterials than the color."8

Brent, maybe you'll have to come and float the bow more than once this year.

Colin: "At one point we had a strike on every 3rd cast on the hopper."

Colin: "On the hopper, that's the biggest rainbow I've ever caught". and then later on in the episode Colin again "On the double hopper rig!"

See, just goes to show how well I listen to fisherman. :P

Brent, maybe you'll have to come and float the bow more than once this year.

Let's make it a day when everyone isn't running on 3 hours sleep. Licenses must all be purchased in advance!! ;)

Maybe someone could give me a hint on where the fish are too?