Fly Fusion Forums

Policeman's Flats - Flooded

It's not that bad, little water over road in, high enough that it's well up over rocks out front of so called launch.

Bunch of debris in water of course & a fair amount suspended in lagoon area of launch.

Took bigger jet out today & buzzed around, nothing major happening.

Ran into few groups rafting down highwood, not sure that was a smart plan, no life jackets and no controll , yikes.

sure be nice for all users to have the launch back in working order, safe , clean & no more jackasses driving around the property. Makes me wild seeing all the people trashing mckinnons as well. Drive anywhere.

Police launch has all types down there partying back in the bush. RCMP pull a few people out of there.Random vehicles left for days on end,

What's left of the launch isn't really under water, it's just runoff high for now, you can still drive to waters edge etc.i wouldn't expect anything is going to wash away at this current height.

If it got a bunch higher then that's a different story.

• Like 1

Alberta Environment & Parks is in the process over developing a Bow River Access Plan that was to be released for public comment in early June. Unfortunately it has been delayed until July.

The focus of stakeholder engagement that Bow River Trout was part of, was for short-term improvements to Policeman's Flats and McKinnon's Flats. In addition, a vision for replacement of Policeman's Flats, a new boat launch at or close to the the Ralph Kline Park Outflow at Frenchman's and facility improvements at McKinnon's. All good stuff if if it happens.

• 4 weeks later...

How is this launch? It is safe to use? I'm considering doing a float from Fish Creek to Policeman's with my family this weekend.

It seems as though the water level has gone down significantly since the beginning of June.

Thanks for the help.