Fly Fusion Forums

Film Review: Providence From Confluence Films Achieves Excellence

pepper

Canadian Premiere of Providence - the latest feature film from Confluence films - is this Friday October 28 at the Cardel Theatre. Tickets are $20 and available at Fish Tales Fly Shop. Proceeds going to Trout Unlimited Canada for their Whirling disease education efforts. See review below photo.

2n06jo4.jpg

On Saturday, Confluence Films premiered (in the USA) and released PROVIDENCE — a film that has been long-awaited with much anticipation. It had been marked on my calendar for months, and I felt no shame about expressing my high level of enthusiasm. The Venturing Angler featured numerous behind-the-scenes photos posts, several trailer posts, an interview with filmmaker, Jim Klug, and a podcast with Camille Egdorf. Admittedly, I walked away from the podcast with Camille stoked beyond belief, not as someone who’s always looking for good content for the Venturing Angler, but as an angler who left the conversation impressed and excited about the trip to Providence Atoll and the film that would be highlighting the trip.

However, there’s a problem with such hype. Often, the enthusiasm and expectations transcend reality and the viewer, listener, fan, et cetera can be left content but disappointed or longing for more. Despite setting myself up for such a situation, PROVIDENCE did not fall short in any regard. In fact, the film achieves a level of excellence that sets a new standard for fly fishing films altogether.

Read more here: https://venturingangler.com/2016/10/17/film-review-providence-from-confluence-films-achieves-excellence/