Fly Fusion Forums

Ekrich Automatic Bobbin

brokentippet

Yep I had one, it's a good bobbin and its Canadian made but it's pricey. Although you could use standard spools of thread, I found I had to fiddle a lot during tying. My Norvice Automatic Bobbins suited my tying style much better. Plus they are a lot cheaper. I think I have about 6. It takes about a minute to transfer thread to the Norvice spool. No big deal. This is just my experience. Please try one for yourself.

I have one as well but I find I go back to the Nor-bobbins. The Ekich now sits in the fly tying travel case

I found the bobbin works best with Uni thread. Any thread spool that 4 "spokes" or less doesn't work that well; or at least for me.

I'm the opposite. Having used the Ekich I won't go back to the Norvise ones. I hated having to spool the Norvise ones, label them, etc. and I also find the Ekich is more ergonomic in my hand. The only thing you have to remember to do with the Ekich is between flies move the spool off the peg so the spring can reload.